Wednesday, June 6, 2012
Freak
Today was ok up until the end. I just realized why I'm not sleeping tonight. This one drafter guy told me the low down on why the engineer got fired, and I thought it sounded dumb, and he got super ticked off at me for not agreeing with him that the engineer was a jerk who needed to lose his job.
The story was just that the engineer had a short fuse and there were complaints about his temperament, but I found him to be pretty reasonable, like his responses and how he treated me always reciprocated the amount of respect and consideration I tried to show him. Anyway, the main reason he got fired was based on some interaction he had with this administrative lady, who I wouldn't trust and happily avoid so that in the event I ever have to deal with her I can remain positive about it. I learned on my first day at work that she is too immature to set boundaries, right after she lied to my face about my schedule and then made the sort of empty assurances I wouldn't expect her to keep, like helping me set my phone up later. It wasn't because she was oblivious, had I gone with her version of my schedule I would have looked seriously bad to everyone. Anyway, the engineer talked loudly to her, banged his fist on her desk, and made her feel intimidated. Like a helpless intimidated cobra. She must not screw with everyone. Like the CEO, the president, and maybe this drafter guy who think she is worth sticking up for.
I hope my quiktrip guy is just on vacation. Maybe he retired or is avoiding me. Kinda doubt it, but who knows.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment