Tuesday, January 8, 2013
time changes
I've almost got back to a normal sleep schedule. I have an interview this week. It might lead to a good offer. I got one unexpected phone call where the guy pretty much interviewed me on the phone, and was really grilling about it. I was expecting a scheduled interview, so I was a bit irritated at how that went. I don't expect a call back, but it was a job I was less interested in, and it probably involved a lot of travel. Travel could be pretty informative, I expect my next job to require some, but when the job posting says lots of travel is a requirement I get kinda iffy about it. For all the field trips I've been on I don't feel more productive. Tons of time is spent in a car, then trying to get your bearings in a wide open field with processing equipment. Then the problems you troubleshoot make you wonder why it wasn't done over the phone.
I haven't been searching as actively as I could. Maybe I'll send out a resume tomorrow. I was thinking of calling up the engineering manager at one company, I tried to send him a text message, but I'll wait until later in the day to call. I don't want to just chat early in the morning, it's the most productive time of the day, and he makes enough money that I want to respect his time.
Yay for twitter. I get to follow Brett Detar, who is releasing a new album this year. Got one song in high quality for free, and I like the direction he's going. Was less thrilled at his first country album, I didn't think his voice sounded natural enough. Now I'm buying it, I'd describe it as smooth americana.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment